The training course 'ZDHC Chemical Management System Technical Industry Guide’ (ZDHC CMS TIG) is designed to further develop understanding of the CMS TIG Framework. It also provides practical guidance for the implementation of CMS TIG minimum requirements and best practices.
The course is aimed at relevant personnel within suppliers’ organisations, as well as the auditors evaluating facilities for their CMS implementation. This will be presented by Mrs. Ramya Kandiyoor.
Duration: 2 x 3 hours
Time: 9.00 am – 12.00 pm IST
Dates offered: 12th,13th,14th July 2021; 2nd, 3rd & 4th August 2021
Having followed this training, you will have learned how to:
- Create a policy document that outlines the commitment (statement) of the Supplier’s leadership and includes procedures and practices adopted for purchasing, transparency and traceability of chemicals used.
- Transform that policy into strategy as part of implementing a chemical management system.
- Conduct assessments of a supplier's regulatory compliance, chemical hazard and risk, supply chain partners’ capabilities and safer alternatives.
- Implement health & safety actions for chemical exposure control, PPE and emergency response procedures for all staff.
- Manage a Chemical Inventory List (CIL) and SDS to make informed purchasing decisions, promote responsible chemical use, increase traceability, simplify chemical handling decisions, and control disposal costs.
- Ensure safe Storage and Handling procedures for chemicals purchased.
- Use tools to manage Output with respect to wastewater, sludge, air and solid waste outputs. This will reduce pollution and support Process Control to ensure proper implementation of a CMS through holding and controlling records and documents, incidence management, general maintenance and housekeeping.
- Work on Continuous Improvement practices such as conducting a CMS review, internal or external audits and improvements in identified areas, including onsite training.
Presentation: After each webinar, the presentation deck will be made available to all participants.